donderdag 11 augustus 2011

flying or not flying, that's the question

Yes !
The feathers are ready for take-off
to fly all the way to New York.

First there was the looking for inspiration and sketching some ideas

( daughter brought some beautiful feathers )
but I could not decide yet.

Then later last night : bleep, the light went on, and I knew what to do!
I started stitching at about 11 pm

and stitched on and on ...
till it was finished !

Then, this morning, I made another one 
and put the two of them in an envelope with a little note for Jude.

But :
.....
daughter wants to send a feather of her own, along with mine !
The envelope is still open and waiting for the next feather for Jude.
So she'll have to wait a little bit longer
( ... and so have you all before I show them ... )
*

Later daughter came by to do some felting of her own : a waistband
on which she started a few days ago

... a rose is a rose is a rose ...
When it's finished you will see it.
*

( here she is, showing my  Kaffe "clutch" bag,
I don't know, but think I will make a rather short strap ... )

9 opmerkingen:

  1. i love the little tiny feather with the blue bands, think i would have settled on it.
    and yes, a short strap on little clutch bag would be nice.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. such beautiful feathers. i have never seen such feathers. love the feather, the rose and bud and the clutch. looks like you have a lovely daughter from what i can see.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. That felted rose is the most beautiful felted flower I've ever seen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. The feathers are so filled with color! Do you know what kinds they are? I agree with Kaite...that little blue one is charming. Your felting is beautiful and looks so touchable!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wow! what kind of proud birds have such fabulous colored feathers??? I think you clutch turned out stunningly (but I agree about putting on a strap - that's just me, not a clutch-purse-person).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Yeah, go feather! I'm making one to send it flying to NY too. How exciting that our feathers will be a family - Hugs Nat

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Thank you all!
    The little blue feather comes from a "Vlaamse gaai" (Garrulus glandarius) it's a kind of Jay I think. It's a woodland bird but he also comes to our garden, especially in winter, see December 18 2010 for the bird .....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Ah, forgot about the bright feathers: from the ZOO ..... (sorry)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Your felted purses are smashing! And the feather project is so fun. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.
    best, nadia

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen