dinsdag 4 september 2012

amazing empty shell

It is probably not often
that you find something like this
because it's easily blown away by the slightest breath of air

I saw it when I had my lunch
while sitting on the steps that lead to the water
at the back of our garden.
This photo doesn't show
how  t h i n  and  t r a n s l u c e n t  it really is

A big dragonfly (I think) struggled from this tight shell that he lived in
as an under-water creature
in the first stage of his life

There is only a small hole between the head and thorax

Wow !
só glad man invented zippers !!! 
*

And furthermore :

I started stitching again on the "old" wedding piece

I put a piece of cotton batting behind the protruding top side
(to make it more firm)

and cut it after I secured the outer edge with tiny stitches

(mmmmm ... all thanks to Jude's beginning class)



7 opmerkingen:

  1. a similar feeling last year when i found a frog skeleton during that terrible drought:
    http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/2011/07/we-need-miracle-or-some-magic.html
    it was amazing to see. i like that irregular edge on your stitched piece.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Now I wonder what is the whole of the cloth?! Pleasing composition :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Ja, das ist von einer Libelle..es ist ein kleines Wunder, zu beobachten, wie diese faszinierenden Flieger aus ihrer engen Hülle schlüpfen..
    Liebe Grüße
    Gabi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. The little shell casing is truly amazing. I love finding natural treasures like this. The stitching is looking good, Els. xxo. sus

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. isn't nature amazing, what a wonderful find. I love all the details in your old wedding piece.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. mother nature is the most wonderful artist of all, what a lucky and fascinating find!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen