zaterdag 6 april 2013

tiny .... tinier .... tiniest

Some weeks ago at the Stich'nBitch group in Rotterdam,
my dear friend Hermien brought something with her to show us.
She furnishes old fashioned miniature houses
ánd dresses the little dolls who inhabit 
those houses.

We were in awe when we saw the tiny elegant creature
and the little cloths she was wearing :
knitted clothes !

I asked Hermien if she could bring one again
so I could bring my camera and take some pictures
to show them here on my blog ...
and she agreed !

Today she brought even three little dolls !

The proud "mama"
and rightly so !

(just wait till you see them up close)

Now isn't thát is a gorgeous woman !!!

(with a cup of coffee for the right size ...)

Just look at the cardigan, skirt and knickers
...
knitted on special made needles of about 1 mm !

Hermien knits only a few rows at a time
and under a magnifying glass

And here the tiniest little baby

What a wonderful piece of work, Hermien !!!

Really something to be proud of !

!!!

(Hermien does some normal knitting too : 
sweaters, for children in South Africa)
*

(o yes ... I was knitting too :
the usual pair of socks, for my grandson this time,
ánd some secret present in the same colour)





6 opmerkingen:

  1. oh...oh...oh...i love those miniatures and those knitted clothes are just so precious.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh my goodness...so charming! What a talented gal :)
    Thank you for sharing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. This is wonderful! Thank you for this introduction to Hermien's delightful work

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love miniatures - this is the smallest knitting I have ever seen!
    Your green socks are a beautiful shade.
    have a happy week els
    -sus

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen