zondag 29 november 2015

loooong ago ... and a new felting exchange start

November was rushing by
and the last month of the year is nearly upon us !
Time flies ...

That was what I thought 
when I received, a few weeks ago
an invitation for a reunion.

This photograph,
of a looooong time ago,
was put on FB ...
and it started the search for others who were in that class
in 1971 !

Some of the children of those days
which are adults of 50 now
still live here in this village
(like I still do ...
and that very young teacher was me)
Yesterday I met with a lot of those "little pupils" ...
I had a hard time recognizing some
and knew others right away !
(one of the "girls" even came all the way from Rome
where she has lived for 25 years)

IT  WAS  REALLY  FUN !

*
I finished and send away the four extra felted jewels
that were on commission



The end of November also meant 
that I needed to hurry finishing  my piece for the new
felting exchange !!!

The theme was 
"fish"
and it had to be bigger than the postcard size
of the last two years :
20 x 20 cm !


The start with some prefelt and a cobweb bit

There were more prefelt bits  for the fish 
and on the back I put two more layers for strength.

In the end it turned out the prefelt for the sea horse
was absolutely too thick ...

But :

with the stitching finished ...




a bit fuzzy
but definitely a sea horse
(I think)

Tomorrow it will go in the mail !

1 opmerking:

  1. Wat een lieve juf, nog steeds heel herkenbaar koppie .... En wat een leuk zeepaard!
    Liefs, Mirjam.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen